Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teacher Thank you Card!!

Hello :)
 
I have started making the cards that will go with the end of the year gifts that my 2 boys will be giving their teachers. I live in southern new jersey and school doesn't end for another 3 weeks so im happy I still have a bit if time :) I have to make 4 cards and this is the first one I created. I am entering it into 2 challenges this week.
 
 
The first challenge is the FARM FRESH FRIDAY challenge over at
http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/ and this weeks challenge is PAPER PIECING.
I must admit this is my very first time trying this technique and I loved it. Maybe that's because I didn't pick an extremely detailed image :)
 
The second challenge I will be entering is SKETCHING UP MAY over at
http://anyoneforanya.blogspot.com/. They provided the following sketch.
 
 
 
 
Here is my card :)
 
 


I wanted to keep it a bit simple and this sketch was perfect for that.
Thank you for stopping by feel free to leave me a comment below :)
 
 
Melonie


6 comments:

  1. Love the image! Thanks for joining us this week at Anyone for Anya!

    Mei
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Love to Create DT
    Creative Card Crew DT
    The Crazy Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, Melonie! Isn't paper piecing fun?! I think you picked some fine detail there for piecing and it looks fab!!

    Thank you for stopping by the Playhouse so I could cover over to meet you and follow you! Welcome to Blogland and the card-making online community. It is a wonderful, kind, and mega-talented group who will inspire you and support you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darnell :) I agree , I have found so many talented people so far it is very inspiring ! Thank you for stoping by :)

      Delete
  3. Melonie, how absolutely adorable..the teacher receiving this will be tickled! Thank you for sharing your talent at Anyone for Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! So sweet. Thank you for partying at Anyone for Anya :)

    ReplyDelete